Just a collection of 35 random thoughts, pieces of advice and ideas
1) Do what makes you happy; whether that’s reading or watching tv or baking, whatever it is, DO IT
2) If at first you don’t trust someone/ like them, go with your gut feeling, it’s normally right
3) If your parents don’t like someone, whoever it is, listen to them – I don’t know how but they’re always right about those kind of things
4) Cut out toxic relationships, immediately. It might feel shit at the time but you’ll feel so much better afterwards!
5) Tell your friends and family you love them whenever you get the chance – you never know when you won’t be able to anymore
6) Treat yourself to things, whether it’s something as small as a coffee, or as big as a car, buy it – money’s only temporary anyway
7) Say please and thank you to staff in cafes/ shops, honestly, something as small as that can really boost their mood (and then their service to you😉)
8) If you can help people out, do it, it will probably only take 10 minutes out of your day – but will help them so much more
9) Don’t be afraid to speak your mind, we’re lucky enough to live in a country with free speech, use it
10) Fight for the people you love, arguments happen but it’s not worth ruining a relationship over
11) Try to love yourself (this is the most hypocritical one on here by far, but it’s also the most rewarding)
12) Don’t hide your feelings, let them out, bottling them up will only make you feel worse
13) Be educated on politics/ current affairs, not only will you not feel completely lost when other people are talking about it (which has happened to me far too many times…) but it just makes life so much easier
14) It’s okay to fall out of friendships with people, it happens, it’s horrible, but it’s no ones fault so please don’t feel guilty
15) Eat the cake, you’ve got your whole life to worry about calories and whether you’ll fit into that dress, treat yourself!
16) Put yourself first. Easier said than done but it’s so important to put your physical and mental health before others sometimes
17) If you feel like you need help, try and get it. This one took me so long to understand, I spent a long time not getting help that I needed, and now I’m getting it, life’s so much easier
18) It’s a cliché, but you do only get one life, you may as well live it as you want, do what makes you happy!
19) Don’t treat customer service/ retail workers like you’re above them, they’re working their hardest (for not a lot of money) and the last thing they need is someone being rude to them after a 10 hour day
20) On that note, if their service is good, and it’s possible, tip them! Honestly the smallest amount helps them out enormously
21) Don’t make excuses for rude/ bad behaviour, just apologise and learn from it – you’ll be a better person for it
22) If someone treats you badly – leave. Don’t put up with it, just put yourself first (I’ve had to learn this one the hard way, they’re not worth your time or effort, and they won’t change, get out while you can and while it’s your choice)
23) If there’s someone you can call crying and end the call laughing, keep them around (shoutout to Lauren, Anna and Nick)
24) If you like it, WEAR IT, confidence is the best look ever, and if you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing, that’ll show
25) Make a fool of yourself sometimes, be able to laugh at yourself!
26) Put your all into school/ college, even if you don’t plan on going to uni, you’ll feel so much better knowing you did your best
27) A cold can of Diet Coke is a LIFESAVER after a night out
28) Have a glass of flat lemonade if you have stomach ache, or ginger biscuits!
29) Take pictures, but don’t enjoy all your experiences through a camera
30) If you have a cold, ginger tea with honey and lemon will help, I promise
31) If you’re not sure about something, ask! People are generally happy to help
32) Cook dinner for your family one night, they’ll appreciate it more than you think they will
33) Take responsibility for your own needs, for example, gluten free – don’t just assume places will do it, make sure before you go
34) Go out with your friends, you’ll remember that night rather than being tired the next day (and you get to see some of the most important people in your life – what could be better?)
35) Stay healthy and happy, and do everything and anything that will make that happen, in the end, that’s the most important thing!